Configuring a Valcom V-2003A overhead paging system for 8x8 services - needs a Universal Telephone Interface (UTI) like Valcom V-9970 for it to work.
- Valcom V-2003A (Three Zone Page Control Unit)
- Valcom V-9970 (Universal Telephone Interface)
This won't work on either FXS or FXO Mode, so a Universal Telephone Interface (UTI) like Valcom V-9970 must be used.
ATA Adapter > V-9970 > V-2003A.
ATA Adapter > FXI-1A > V-2003A
Algo 8301 > V2003A
- Valcom V-2003A won't work on either FXS or FXO Mode, so a Universal Telephone Interface (UTI) like Valcom V-9970 must be used. Setup: 8x8 Adapter > V-9970 > V-2003A.
- To configure Valcom V-9970, check article Valcom V-9970 Overhead Paging System Configuration for 8x8 Services
- To connect Valcom V-2003A to V-9970, please see diagram:
The FXI-1A will answer a ringing line, activate its relay, and pass the paging audio onto the amplifier. It will then drop the call based on Page Time Out, Silence Time Out, detecting a Busy Signal or Calling Party Control (CPC). See image below for further details.
The Algo 8301 is a SIP connection and an ATA is not required (nor will it work with the 8301). For information on 3rd Party Sip devices. On the Valcom V2003a switch SW3, set 4, 7 and 10 to the off position (up position). Also set SW2 to off position.On the 8301 web interface, go to Basic Settings -> Features and set the Line Out Analog Output Level to “-10dBm 600 ohm (0.245 Vrms)”. To play DTMF tones and control the zones, make sure to enable Generate In-Band DTMF Tones (Advanced Settings -> Advanced Audio).