8x8 supports the following Cisco 3PCC phones listed here.
- Phones not purchased from 8x8 must follow the Procedures below.
- Cisco 3PCC phones that are not listed in the link provided are considered 3rd party non supported SIP devices.
Provisioning of supported and non-supported Cisco 3PCC phones for 8x8 VoIP service.
- 8x8 supported / BYOP “Bring Your Own Phone” (Cisco Multiplatform Phones “3PCC”)
- 8x8 non compatible (Cisco Enterprise Phones “CP”)
To ensure supported CISCO 3PCC devices can be provisioned with 8x8, Compatible and non compatible Cisco Models are listed below:
- Compatible: Cisco 3PCC series 7800, 8811, 8841, 8851 and 8861 Product Name will have 3PCC e.g. CP-88xx-3PCC or CP-78xx-3PCC where xx is the full model as example 8841
- Non-compatible: CP-88xx-K9 or 78xx-K9 are not compatible or supported by 8x8 VoIP Services. These are specific to Cisco Enterprise Models
- How to Convert Cisco Models to compatible Firmware: Cisco how to guide converting models to supported firmware. 8x8 cannot assist on converting. Please consult Cisco.
How to identify
From the Cisco phone, press the applications settings Key
- Navigate to Status > Product information > Product Name confirm 3PCC shows, example CP-8841-3PCC.
If the display is not showing 3PCC refer to the Cisco documents to properly identify and update to a supported firmware version. See 8x8 Knowledge base for Recommended Firmware here.
- Connect the phone to the network and power it on. (If you will be using a computer to complete provisioning setup, ensure the phone and computer are on the same VLAN/subnet.)
- Verify that the device has a valid factory-installed device certificate: Applications > Status > Product Info > Certificate. Scroll down to look for the message Certificate: Installed. If you do not see this, the phone cannot be provisioned for use with 8x8.
- Factory reset the phone: Applications > Device Administration > Factory Reset > OK.
Note: Ensure the phone and computer are on the same VLAN/subnet to complete the following steps.
- On the device, press Applications (gear icon).
- Press Status > Network Status.
- Note the phone's IP address.
- Log in to the Web GUI.
- Username: admin
- Password: MAC Password
- Click Voice > Provisioning.
- For Profile Rule insert https://cisco.8x8.com/cisco/$MA.cfg
- For Upgrade Enable select Yes.
- For Upgrade Error Retry Delay enter 3600.
- For Upgrade Rule enter the following depending on the model:
- Click Submit All Changes (Phone should reset).
- Once the phone boots back up, manually reboot the phone again.
- Wait 30 seconds. The phone will reboot again on its own. It should display Phone not active yet.
- Activate the phone using the activation code.