Note: Only Cisco 3PCC phones purchased from 8x8 are supported.
Provision a Cisco 3PCC 7821, 8841, or 8861 model phone for 8x8 service.
Need to provision a Cisco SPA IP phone? Click here.
- Cisco 3PCC model phones
- Connect the phone to the network and power it on. (If you will be using a computer to complete provisioning setup, ensure the phone and computer are on the same VLAN/subnet.)
- Verify that the device has a valid factory-installed device certificate: Applications > Status> Product Info > Certificate. Scroll down to look for the message Certificate: Installed. If you do not see this, the phone cannot be provisioned for use with 8x8.
- Factory reset the phone: Applications > Device Administration > Factory Reset > OK.
Note: Ensure the phone and computer are on the same VLAN/subnet to complete the following steps.
- On the device, press Applications (gear icon).
- Press Status > Network Status.
- Note the phone's IP address.
- Log in to the Web GUI.
- Username: admin
- Password: MAC Password
- Click Voice > Provisioning.
- For Profile Rule insert https://cisco.8x8.com/cisco/$MA.cfg
- For Upgrade Enable select Yes.
- For Upgrade Error Retry Delay enter 3600.
- For Upgrade Rule enter the following depending on the model:
- Click Submit All Changes (Phone should reset).
- Once the phone boots back up, manually reboot the phone again.
- Wait 30 seconds. The phone will reboot again on its own. It should display Phone not active yet.
- Activate the phone using the activation code.