The Interdigit Short Timer can be used to set the default maximum time (in seconds) while the phone is off the hook before the phone sends the dialed number.
You can increase the maximum time by carrying out the following steps on the Cisco Web GUI.
Cisco SPA IP Phones
- Find the phone's IP address (using the Setup key on the phone, go to Network > Select).
- Enter the phone’s IP address into a web browser URL bar to bring up the phone's administration page.
- Select Admin Login > Advanced.
- Username: admin
- Password: 198y9w9y891 OR 654123, if the device is pointed to 8x8 configuration, but not yet activated.
- Once in the advanced administration page go to Voice > Regional.
- Scroll down until you see Control Timer Values (sec).
- Set the desired value for Interdigit Short Timer and click Submit All Changes. Wait for the phone to update its configuration.