The following procedure will manually configure the wireless profile on a Cisco SPA525G2. This may be needed if the phone fails to register when running the Wireless Setup Wizard. This can occur if the phone has a previously configured wireless profile.
Before you begin
- Verify encryption in the router (must exactly match what is configured on the router's wireless network):
- SSID for the wireless voice profile (e.g., uc520-voice)
- Password for the wireless voice profile (pre-shared WPA2/PSK key—must have 8 to 64 characters)
- Collect router Security Mode and Cipher Type information.
- Security Mode: WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK
- Cipher Type: TKIP or AES CCMP
- Ensure the Wi-Fi access point is set to broadcast in any/all of the following (Phone works on Wireless-G):
- 802.11 mixed b/g/N
- 802.11 mixed g/N
- 802.11 g
- Try using easy connect button/PIN on supported routers.
To manually configure Wi-Fi settings
- On the phone, press Setup or Menu.
- Navigate to (8) Network Configuration. Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled (should have a blue check mark).
- Navigate to Wi-Fi Configuration > Wireless Profile. The current profile is shown.
- Delete the current profile:
- Press the Option softkey.
- Scroll to the Delete option, then press the Select softkey.
- When asked to confirm the profile deletion, select OK.
- Press the Option softkey again.
- Choose Add New, then press the Select softkey.
- Enter the following settings to create the wireless voice profile:
- Security Mode: WPA2PSK (most likely) or WPAPSK (older routers).
- Profile: Enter a descriptive name for the profile (e.g., “voice”).
- SSID: Enter the wireless voice SSID exactly entered in the Wireless Setup Wizard (e.g., uc520-voice).
- Cipher Type: TKIP (most likely) or AES CCMP.
- WPA Shared Key: Enter the password for wireless security exactly as entered in the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Press Save.
- Press Connect.
- If failed to connect to Wi-Fi, restart the phone.
- If phone still fails to connect to Wi-Fi, check Router's Wireless Settings and make sure it supports Wireless-G.