To access your Voicemail from a desk phone
8x8 Voicemail services allow you to keep your business running smoothly when you are unable to answer a call. This article covers the available features of 8x8 Voicemail and how to use them. For quick reference, you can download a handy one-page guide to 8x8 Voicemail here.
- Desk Phones
Accessing Voicemail from Your Phone
- From your own extension: Dial 555.
- From another in-network extension: Dial 500.
- To return to the main menu at any time, press *.
Note: Access to voicemail from an outside (non-8x8) line is restricted for your security. A workaround to allow this is to create an Auto Attendant (Account Manager | Virtual Office Configuration Manager) for your own number or another number in your system with an option that points to extension 500.
Managing Messages (New, Old, and Group Messages)
- To listen to messages, at the main menu, press 1.
- To save a message, during or after review, press 2.
- To delete a message, during or after review, press 3.
Recording or Changing Greeting
- To access greeting options, at the main menu, press 2.
- Review, Record, and Delete greeting options include: first and last name, internal, external, lunchtime, after hours, meeting, weekend, and vacation.
Changing User Preference
- To change user preferences, at the main menu, press 3.
- User preference options include: password, call waiting, busy handling, no answer handling, Internet outage routing, and email notification.
- To access call forwarding rules, at the main menu, press 4.
- You can listen to, set, and delete forwarding rules.
Set Specific Greeting
- To set a specific greeting, at the main menu, press 5.
- Set any greeting you have recorded as the current greeting.
To enable or disable announcement-only mode
- At the main menu, press 6.
For a downloadable Quick Reference Guide to the voicemail phone menu, click here.