Manual provisioning of a Poly CCX series phones for the 8x8 Work service.
- 8x8 Work
- Poly CCX model phones
While provisioning of these phones can be done from the phone's physical interface, it's much easier to perform these steps from the phone's web browser user interface (GUI).
Note: If you need to reset your Poly CCX phone to its factory default settings, follow the steps in the Restore Factory Default Settings section first, and then provision your phone.
First you'll need to obtain the local (internal network) IP address of your phone:
- Connect the phone to your local network and power it up.
- Once the phone boots up, press the following: Settings (gear) > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters.
- Locate and note the IPv4 Addr. You will need this IP address to configure the 8x8 Provisioning Server.
Next, you'll configure your provisioning parameters:
- In your computer's web browser (on the same local network as your phone), enter the following line into the browser Address bar, using the IP address of the phone:
- https://[IP ADDRESS]
- Example: https://192.168.0.10
- In the Poly Web Configuration Utility login page:
- Select Login As: Admin
- Enter the Admin password you will already have set earlier, and click Submit.
- This should typically be 123, depending on what you entered when the phone was first booted up from factory defaults.
- If you don't know the password and need to reset the phone to factory defaults, follow the instructions below in Restore Factory Default Settings and then return to this Provisioning section to continue.
- In the Settings menu, click Provisioning Server.
- Click the + to expand the Provisioning Server section.
- Set Server Type to HTTPS.
- In Server Address, type or paste the following URL exactly as it is shown, below:
- Click Save, then click Yes to confirm your changes in the popup prompt. The phone should automatically reboot.
IMPORTANT: Your phone may reboot several more times over the next few minutes. If it does this, then your firmware is being updated, and you should not unplug or reboot the phone until it has stopped rebooting for a few minutes.
Once the phone has settled down, you should see a button marked as Inactive at the lower-left of the phone's display.
- To make the phone functional on your 8x8 service, you'll need to activate it. To do this, perform one of the following:
- Press the Inactive button on the phone's display, and when prompted, enter the activation code provided in the phone user's 8x8 user profile in 8x8 Admin Console. The phone will restart automatically, and should come back online momentarily with the phone's extension buttons displayed.
- Or in 8x8 Admin Console:
- Find and edit the phone user's 8x8 user profile to which the phone will be assigned (this profile is required, even if the device is to be used as a conference room phone).
- Scroll down to and click on Voice Basic Settings to expand that section.
- In Activate Device by, click Input MAC address and enter the device's 12-character MAC address. The MAC address can be found on a sticker on the underside of the phone, may contain letters and numbers, and is not case-sensitive in Admin Console.
- Reboot the phone.
IMPORTANT: When the phone comes back online, the message Software update in progress may appear at the top of the screen, and the Inactive button will appear again. Your phone may remain non-active for 5-10 minutes, and then reboot several times over the next few minutes.
If it does this, then your phone's firmware is being updated, and you should not unplug or reboot the phone until it has stopped rebooting for a few minutes.
You'll see buttons on the phone's display screen with the extension number and name (or partial 8x8 user ID) of the assigned user. At this point the phone can be used normally.
Restore Factory Default Settings
If needed, you can reset the Poly CCX phone to its factory default settings:
- Locate the four corners of the phone’s touchscreen. You will eventually need to press all four corners of the screen simultaneously.
- De-power and re-power the device.
- The Poly logo will appear three times, with a short period of black screen displayed between each. The first two appearances of the logo will be static (not animated) and the third time it appears will be animated.
- When the Poly logo appears for the second (static) time, immediately press and hold each of the four corners of the screen, and let go only when the Mute button at the bottom-right of the phone flashes red, green, and amber. The phone will reset and restart.
- On restart, you will be prompted to Set Admin Password:
- Type the New Password: 123
- Confirm New: 123
- Press Enter.
- Press Accept.
- Select your Language.
- Press Next.
- Select your Time Zone ID.
- Press Next.
- In Choose Base Profile, select Generic.
- Press Next.
- Press Yes to confirm you have selected Generic.
The phone should immediately display the time, date, and control menu options, including Settings (gear icon).
From this point, you can perform the provisioning steps documented above.