Pairing a Poly Rove handset to an active B2 Base unit.
Poly Rove B2 Base
Poly Rove 30 Handset
Poly Rove 40 Handset
1. Press and hold the button at the top of the B2 Base until it starts blinking green
2. On the handset you wish to pair, press the menu button
3. Navigate to Settings -> Connectivity -> Register -> Select first empty slot -> Enter Access/PIN Code (currently '0000' for all Rove devices)
4. Press Ok and the handset should register
5. Repeat steps 2-3 until all handsets are registered
6. Press and hold the button at the top of the B2 Base until it STOPS blinking and is solid green
7. To double check that the handset was registered you can press and immediately release the B2 Base button and that will start paging all registered handsets
Known Poly limitations on Poly Rove B2:
Maximum of 5 concurrent calls when G722 codec is used on all calls.
Maximum of 4 concurrent calls when G729a codec is used on all calls.
When G722 codec is enabled on the base, even if all calls negotiate to G711 codec, the maximum number of calls is 9.
SRTP cannot be enabled on this device in Admin Console. If this feature is required, please reach out to our support team who can enable it.
Poly does not yet support SIP Publishes on Rove devices, so no quality metrics will be available in ‘Analytics for 8x8 Work.