Configuring or rearranging softkeys on Poly desk phones.
- Poly phones
Obtain the Phone's IP Address
Knowing your phone's IP address will help you access the device's web interface (GUI).
- From Home/Menu, select Settings.
- Select Status.
- Select Network
- Select TCP/IP Parameters.
The resulting screen will show your phone's IP, in addition to other useful information such as the Subnet Mask and IP Gateway.
Access the Phone's Web GUI
The device web interface (GUI) allows you to make changes to the phone's settings via a web browser on your computer, which can often be more convenient than on the phone screen itself. You must ensure that:
- The phone is plugged into the network.
- The computer is on the same network as the phone.
- In a web browser on a computer on the same network as the phone, browse to the phone's IP address.
- Log in as Admin and enter the phone's MAC password.
- Go to Utilities and select Soft key configuration from the drop-down.
- This list displays soft keys that currently display on the phone. You can change the order of the soft keys on the phone. A soft key that displays at the top of the Active Soft Keys list is at the left-most position on the phone. Click the up arrow to move a soft key to the left, and click the down arrow to move a soft key to the right.
To add and edit soft keys, you must first enable the EFK feature using configuration files: features.cfg > feature > feature.enhancedFeatureKeys (enter 1 to enable). You can configure soft keys to display for the phone's idle state only.