To factory reset a Polycom phone.
- Polycom phones
Reset to Factory Default Settings
Please Note: Do not factory reset a phone to address call quality issues!
Factory resetting a phone is not recommended as a troubleshooting step, except as a last resort.
- Press the Menu/Home Key.
- Select Settings.
- Select Advanced. The Password will depend on the profile:
- Active (with profile): acquire and use the MAC Password
- Inactive (no profile): default password, 456.
- Select Administration Settings.
- Select Reset to Defaults.
- Select Reset to Factory.
- Select Yes for Are you Sure.
- The Phone will reboot twice and it can be activated with 8x8 services.
How to Perform a Hard Reset
Use the below steps if the following is met:
- The phone is on a boot loop and no longer going to the home menu
- The default password or mac password don't work
- If its a 3rd party phone
- The account is already canceled and you cannot access the account manager to download the extension CSV
- Reboot the phone and wait for the starting application.
- While the phone is in the starting application wait for the cancel button to appear then press it.
- The phone will show a 7 seconds count down. This is the only open window to press the key combination to go to the hard reset page.
- VVX series (VVX300, 301, 310, 311, etc): press and hold 1 3 5 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Sound Point IP 335: press and hold 1 3 5 7 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Sound Point IP series (IP550,560,570, etc): press and hold 4 6 8* within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Conference Phone IP5000, 6000, 7000: press and hold 1 3 5 7 within the 7 second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- The only password use here is the MAC ID of the phone (e.g 0004f28619dc).
- By default, the phone is on number mode (1->abc) which means you will are entering a number when you press any button.
- Note: To enter a single letter you will need to change the input mode of the phone.
- Press the 2nd soft key that corresponds to the mode or (encoding) of the phone and change it to (A->abc or a->abc).
- This is not key sensitive so it's ok if you are on (A->abc) which is upper case or ( a->abc ) which is lower case.
- Once you are on the letter mode (A->abc ) and you need to enter the letter "F" you will need to press the number "3" 3 times.
Having trouble using the dial pad to enter numbers or letters? Click here.