No dial tone observed on polycom phones when the handset (receiver) is picked up.
All Polycom VVX models (VVX 101 - VVX 601)
Ensure that the handset cable is plugged in the right port (a phone icon above the port). If you find it plugged into the wrong port, unplug the cable and plug it in the right port. If this doesn't resolve the issue, follow the below steps:
- Turn on the loudspeaker button on your phone, check if you could hear the dial tone. If yes, it indicates that the handset (receiver )/curly cables might be defective.
- Try swapping the handset with another handset connected to a working phone.
- Try swapping different curly cables connecting your desk phone and the receiver. Doing this helps you to identify if the issue is with the curly cable or the handset itself.
Once you confirm that you could hear the dial tone, replace the faulty receiver or curly cables, but if the issue still persists try the below:
- Connecting the phone at a different location.
- Try using different ports and Ethernet cables.
- If the issue still persists even after the above steps, reach out to 8x8 support team, click here.
There are many reasons for not having the dial tone on Polycom phones such as faulty handsets, cables and ports.