Your Polycom IP 7000, IP 6000, or IP 5000 constantly reboots. Upon reboot, you receive an error that reads, "File System error. No Free Space," or "No application found."
Attention! It is not recommended to use the firmware update drop down inside the Polycom WebGUI. If this option is used, the phone will no longer receive updates from 8x8 without using the "Clear Upgrade Server" option.
- Polycom SoundStation IP 5000, IP 6000, or IP 7000 conference phones
To resolve this issue, you will need to manually upgrade the firmware on the phone to v 4.0.11.
Upgrading the Firmware
- During phone bootup, you will see a softkey labeled SETUP. Select the SETUP softkey.
- For the password, enter 456. If 456 does not work, use the MAC ID Getter in PBX View to get the correct MAC password.
- Select the DHCP menu.
- Change the Boot Menu to STATIC.
- Return to the main menu.
- Select Provisioning Menu.
- Enter HTTP for the Server Type.
- Under Provisioning Server, enter voipt2.polycom.com/4014
- Exit all menus until you see an option to Save Config and reboot. Select this option.
The phone will reboot, contact Polycom's server, and pull firmware v 4.0.14. You will see a series of bootup screens. Some will say downloading application, checking application, installing application, etc. The phone will finally go to the Home screen and will no longer reboot.
Adding the 8x8 Provisioning Server
- Obtain the phone's IP address.
- In a browser on the same network as the phone, navigate to the phone's IP address. (Note: There is no need to specify https until after the phone has an 8x8 config loaded.)
- For the password, enter 456. If the default password does not work, use the MAC password.
- Once in web GUI, go to Simple Setup.
- Select Time Servers.
- From the drop-down, select pool.ntp.org.
- Click Save.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Provisioning Server.
- Change Server Type to HTTPS.
- Under Provisioning Server, enter pccfg.8x8.com/polycomuc/.
- Restart the phone directly, or go to Utilities > Restart phone from GUI.
The phone will reboot and download the 8x8 configuration. If the device is not activated, it will download the inactive configuration. From here you can move on to activating the phone. If the phone is already activated, it will provision with the user's profile information.
This is due to a bug identified with firmware v 4.0.10.