When attempting to activate your third-party (non-8x8) Polycom VVX phone, the screen gets stuck at "Signing in..." and you cannot activate the phone.
Polycom VVX phones not purchased from 8x8
Change the Base Profile on the Web GUI
Before you begin, perform a factory reset on your phone.
To set a Generic Base Profile through the phone's web GUI
- Obtain the phone's IP address.
- On a computer on the same network as the phone, open a browser window and navigate to the phone's IP address.
- Log in as Admin and enter the administrator password.
- Navigate to Simple Setup.
- Open the Base Profile section.
- Select Generic as the Base Profile.
- Click Save.
- Allow the phone several minutes to reboot.
- When the phone is back online, verify the login screen is gone.
- Continue on to activate your phone.
An alternate solution is to change the base profile on the deskphone. See the next tab for steps.
Change the Base Profile on the Deskphone
To manually change the Base Profile to Generic on the deskphone
- Exit the initial sign in prompt.
- Go to Settings > Advanced. Use 456 as your password.
- Select Administration Settings.
- Go to Network Configuration > Base Profile.
- Press Edit to change the Base Profile to Generic.
- Press back, and then select Save Config. Your phone should reboot automatically.
Polycom VVX phones not provided by 8x8 are sometimes configured with the Lync Base Profile selected, instead of the Generic Base Profile. This prevents the phone from registering with 8x8 services.