Manually provisioning a Yealink desk phone or DECT phone using the phone's web GUI.
- Yealink desk phones
- Yealink DECT phones
Before You Begin!
These steps are generally intended for reusing Yealink phones with 8x8 service. You can reuse existing Yealink phones with 8x8 service as long as they are a supported model with a valid factory-installed device certificate.
It's crucial that Yealink certificates are factory-installed and not added later. 8x8 supports only the Yealink phone models listed here. If you are not sure which model phone you have, please check the underside of the phone. The model number is listed on the label on the bottom of the phone.
Accommodation of devices not purchased from or originally provisioned for service by 8x8 is on a commercially reasonable effort basis. These devices are not guaranteed to be supported on 8x8 service.
Check for Device Certificate
In order to work with 8x8 phone service, your Yealink phone must have a valid factory-installed security certificate, also known as a device certificate. Follow these steps to determine whether a valid factory-installed Device Certificate is present on your phone.
- On the phone, press OK.
- Scroll down and select More.
- Select Phone.
- Scroll down to Device Certificate.
- Read the displayed message.
- If the message says Device Certificate: Factory Installed, your phone is supported on 8x8 service.
- If the message says Device Certificate: Not Installed, Device Certificate: Invalid, or if there is no device certificate message at all, then the phone is not supported on 8x8 service.
Configure the Phone
After checking the device certificate, verify that the device has the recommended firmware installed, here.
Once this is verified, you can move on to configuring the phone.
Reset Phone to Factory Defaults Through the Phone's Web GUI
The device web interface (GUI) allows you make changes to the phone's settings via a web browser on your computer, which can often be more convenient than on the phone screen itself. You must ensure that:
- The phone is plugged into your network.
- The computer is connected to the same network as the phone.
- Locate the phone's IP address by going to Menu > Status > IPv4 on the phone.
- In a web browser on a computer on the same network as the phone, browse to the phone's IP address.
- Log in as admin and enter the phone's MAC password.
- Navigate to Settings > Upgrade.
- Click Reset to Factory Setting.
- Wait for phone to reboot.
- Note: After the phone has been reset to factory default settings, the administrator password will have changed to admin.
Manually Provision Phone into Production
- In a web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the phone, browse to the phone's IP address.
- Log in as admin and enter the password admin.
- Navigate to Settings > Auto Provision.
- For DECT phones: navigate to Phone > Auto Provision
- In the Server URL field, enter the 8x8 Yealink Provisioning Server address: https://ylcfg.8x8.com/yealink/
- For DECT phones: enter https://ylcfg.8x8.com/yealinkdect
- GUI settings for the Yealink T23P
- GUI settings for the Yealink W70B DECT base unit
- Click Autoprovision Now.
- Allow several minutes for the phone to reboot and connect to the 8x8 servers. When rebooting is complete, continue on to activate your phone.
Assign a desk phone in Admin Console
This section will be updated soon!
Assign a DECT phone to an extension in Admin Console
To add your DECT phone base unit to your 8x8 service and assign handsets to user profiles, follow the instructions in the article linked below: