Unable to provision Yealink phone due to certificate error
Yealink phone does not provision. Syslog shows "Certificate doesn't verify" when connecting to ylcfg.8x8.com
- Yealink phones
- In a web browser on a computer on the same network as the phone, browse to the phone's IP address.
- Log in as admin and enter the password admin. (assuming the phone has been factory reset)
- Navigate to Security->Trusted Certificates
- Set Only Accept Trusted Certificates to Disabled
- Retry provisioning the phone
Some phones will be missing trusted certificates. This causes issues where the phone does not trust the provisioning server. Removing the limitation of only accepting trusted certificates allows the phone to trust the provisioning server.