Manually provisioning a Yealink W76P phone using the phone's web GUI.
- Yealink W76P
- Yealink 56H Handset
- Yealink W70B Base
Before You Begin!
These steps are generally intended for reusing Yealink phones with 8x8 service. You can reuse existing Yealink phones with 8x8 service as long as they are a supported model with a valid factory-installed device certificate.
It's crucial that Yealink certificates are factory-installed and not added later. 8x8 supports only the Yealink phone models listed here. If you are not sure which model phone you have, please check the underside of the phone. The model number is listed on the label on the bottom of the phone.
Accommodation of devices not purchased from or originally provisioned for service by 8x8 is on a commercially reasonable effort basis. These devices are not guaranteed to be supported on 8x8 service.
Check for Device Certificate
In order to work with 8x8 phone service, your Yealink phone must have a valid factory-installed security certificate, also known as a device certificate. Follow these steps to determine whether a valid factory-installed Device Certificate is present on your phone.
- On the phone, press OK.
- Scroll down and select More.
- Select Phone.
- Scroll down to Device Certificate.
- Read the displayed message.
- If the message says Device Certificate: Factory Installed, your phone is supported on 8x8 service.
- If the message says Device Certificate: Not Installed, Device Certificate: Invalid, or if there is no device certificate message at all, then the phone is not supported on 8x8 service.
Configure the Phone
After checking the device certificate, verify that the device has the recommended firmware installed, here.
Once this is verified, you can move on to configuring the phone.
Reset Phone to Factory Defaults Through the Phone's Web GUI
The device web interface (GUI) allows you make changes to the phone's settings via a web browser on your computer, which can often be more convenient than on the phone screen itself. You must ensure that:
- The phone is plugged into your network.
- The computer is connected to the same network as the phone.
- Locate the phone's IP address by going to Menu > Status > IPv4 on the phone.
- In a web browser on a computer on the same network as the phone, browse to the phone's IP address.
- Log in as admin and enter the phone's MAC password.
- Navigate to Settings > Upgrade.
- Click Reset to Factory Setting.
- Wait for phone to reboot.
- Note: After the phone has been reset to factory default settings, the administrator password will have changed to admin.
Manually Provision Phone into Production
- In a web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the phone, browse to the phone's IP address.
- Log in as admin and enter the password admin.
- Navigate to Settings > Auto Provision.
- In the Server URL field enter https://ylcfg.8x8.com/yealinkdect/
- Click Autoprovision Now.
- Allow several minutes for the phone to reboot and connect to the 8x8 servers. When rebooting is complete, continue on to activate your phone.
Assign the W76P to an Extension in Admin Console
- In 8x8 Admin Console, navigate to Home > Devices.
- Check your device inventory to see if you have a supported DECT device. If your DECT Device Model is not currently listed, click +Add device model.
- Select the required DECT model base unit and click Add device model.
- Select the required DECT model handset unit as needed and click Add device model. Note: You need to add W56H for the handset and W70B for the base.
- Navigate to Home > Users to assign the handset to a user.
- Locate the user you are assigning a handset to and click the pencil icon at the right to edit their user profile.
- Scroll down to Voice basic settings > Device model and select the handset (W56H) from the drop-down menu.
- The Base device field appears when you select a handset. A message in red next to the field indicates the device has not been activated.
- From the Base device drop-down menu, select the corresponding base (W70B ). Note: As a best practice, click Change Base Name and rename the base unit according to the department, group, or team, so that you can easily locate it later. Although the Yealink W70B Base Station supports 10 handsets, Admin Console supports only 4 handsets.
- Select an activation method. You can either activate the device remotely (by applying the MAC address) or send the user the activation code.
- Click to Save the user profile.
- Users must plug in their base and handset, and connect the base unit to their ethernet (wired) network. They may need to activate their phones, if not activated remotely, and pair the handset with the base.