With the 8x8 Call Park feature, you can “park” a call in the cloud for another employee to pick up from any other extension. The call is placed on hold, allowing you to use your phone while another employee can resume the call from any other phone in your network.
The Call Park feature is extremely useful for reducing the hold time that callers experience. For example, you are currently on the phone with a caller who needs assistance. But everyone is busy on calls or helping other customers. You don’t want to send the caller to somebody’s voicemail. You don’t want to transfer them from extension to extension to extension. So you park the call in its very own automatically-numbered “parking space.” While the caller listens to hold music, you can intercom, instant message or tell your coworkers that there is a call waiting. The next available employee dials the number of the parked call and promptly assists the caller.
Notes about the 8x8 Call Park feature:
- A parked call can be picked up by any extension within the organization.
- The parked call will remain on the extension for a maximum of five minutes.
- After five minutes the call will automatically ring back the person who parked the call. If the ring back is not answered, the call is transferred to the voicemail of the person who parked the call.
- When you park a call, the system will tell you which cloud extension the call is parked on; then anyone in the company can call that extension to pick up the parked call.
- Up to ten calls can be parked at one time (extensions 461-470).
Call Park Use Cases
Here are just a few examples of how the Call Park feature can help you better serve your callers:
- Automotive Repair Shop – A customer calls the front desk asking for an update on her repairs. The employees in the service area are helping customers or working on vehicles. If you transfer the call to one of the service area extensions, it will probably go to voicemail or possibly roll back to the front desk causing customer frustration or multiple transfer attempts. With Call Park, you simply park the call, notify your service personnel which extension the call is parked on, and whoever is available first picks up the parked call. Another happy customer!
- Restaurant – A supplier calls in to a restaurant and reaches the hostess station. The caller urgently needs to speak to the manager about today’s fresh produce order, but the manager has stepped away for a few minutes. The hostess parks the call until the manger is located a few minutes later. The manager picks up the call by dialing the parked call’s extension from any 8x8 phone whether it’s in the kitchen, back office, hostess station or cashier’s station. The special order is confirmed. Add fresh asparagus to tonight’s menu!
- Help from Afar – Your have a caller on the phone who needs some special pricing help. But all the sales reps are busy except for your two remote sales reps (on your same 8x8 phone system) who work out of their homes. No worries. Park the call. Then call, intercom or instant message your remote reps to let them know the parked call’s extension. One of them picks up the call, helps the customer and makes a sale.