Using and modifying your 8x8 Meetings.
- 8x8 Meet
- Work for Desktop
Launching a Meeting
Meetings can be launched one of two ways, either instantly or scheduled for future dates via a calendar integration.
- In Work for Desktop, select the Meetings tab.
- You will be able to select one of the following options: Start Meeting, Join Meeting, or copy your room information to schedule a meeting in your calendar.
Starting a Meeting Now
Under Meetings, in Your Personal Meeting Space, select Start Meeting. This will start your personal meeting space instantly.
Scheduling a Future Meeting
- To the right of your dedicated, personal room, click Copy.
- Go to your calendar, create a calendar event, and paste your meeting information.
- Invite guests and save your calendar event.
- This will add the meeting to the Meetings tab under Upcoming Meetings.
- When it's time to join your scheduled meeting, hover over the upcoming meeting and click Join.
Updating Meeting Preferences
- Before launching a meeting, toggle the settings for starting meetings with video on or off, and whether you'd like to start with your microphone muted.
- Launch your personal room by clicking Meet Now.
- Click More Actions (three dots).
- Select Settings.
- From here you can choose your microphone, camera, and audio output devices, and decide if participants will all start muted, hidden, follow after you, and mute reaction sounds.
You can invite meeting participants using your calendar invitation, or directly from your meeting room.
- To add participants from a meeting room, select Participants.
- Select Invite Someone.
- Search for the contact you want to invite, then select the contact from the search results.
- Select Invite.
Note: Inviting by Name is for Internal users on your Work for Desktop network. To invite external users, outside of your network, use either the dialing method or copy the Meeting details Information and share outside of Work for Desktop. Dial-out invitations are currently limited at 3 dial-out numbers per user, per meeting.
Chatting, Screen Sharing, and Recording Meetings
Within 8x8 Meet, you are able to do much more than just have an audio conference. Meetings allows users to share their screen with participants, allows participants to chat in the instant messaging service and also allows the meeting to be recorded for future use.
- In your meeting, click Open / Close Chat in the lower left of the screen.
- The chat window will open.
- Type your chat message and hit Enter.
Sharing Your Screen
- In your meeting, click Share Your Screen in the lower left of the screen.
- Select either your entire screen, or a specific application window.
- Click Share.
Recording a Meeting
- In your meeting, click More Actions.
- Select Start Recording.
- Choose where you would prefer to store your meeting recording.
- Under Recent Meetings in Work for Desktop.
- Upload to Dropbox.
- Click Start Recording.
- A red Recording sign will appear in the upper right.
- To stop recording, go to More Actions and select Stop Recording.
- Confirm that you would like to stop recording.