To configure a Cisco RV325 Router, go to the system summary and ensure that firmware is up to date (1.1.1.06 or later). See the full list of steps here.
The purpose of this article is to provide a sample configuration. At the time of article creation, this device was in a known working state on the firmware used.
Keep in mind different firmware versions will interact with hosted VoIP services in different ways. While this device may be fully functional on the tested and/or current firmware version, it is possible newer revisions will cause disruptions in service or make a device fully compliant with the required settings for hosted VoIP services where it was previously not.
Cisco RV325 Router
- Make sure your router is powered on and connected to your network.
- In a browser on a computer on the same network as the router, navigate to the following IP address: 192.168.1.254.
- Log in (default credentials shown below).
- Username: cisco
- Password: cisco
Adding/editing 8x8 subnets is recommended when available. Please click here and review the Traffic Shaping and Specific Subnet/Port Configuration section. (Login required.)
- Go to System Summary and ensure that the firmware is up to date (1.1.1.06 or later).
- If needed, update firmware by going to System Management > Firmware Upgrade.
- Go to Firewall > General.
- Ensure that Firewall and Remote Management are enabled (checked).
- Ensure that the following are disabled (unchecked):
- SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection)
- DoS (Denial of Service)
- Block WAN Request
- SIP ALG
- Click Save.
- Browse to IPADDRESS/f_general_hidden.htm.
- Set UDP Timeout to 300 seconds.
- Go to Firewall > Access Rules.
- Create inbound and outbound rules for each of the 8x8 subnets. Please click here and review the Traffic Shaping and Specific Subnet/Port Configuration section. (Login required.)
- Save all changes.
- Go to System Management > Bandwidth Management.
- Add all of the 8x8 protocols.
- Change Bandwidth Management Type to Priority.
- Change the Upstream and Downstream values for WAN1 and WAN2 to the following:
- WAN1/2 UDP Downstream High for each 8x8 port.
- WAN1/2 UDP Upstream High for each 8x8 port.
- Save all changes.