Flip a call from Virtual Office Desktop to your deskphone.
Handling a call at your desk phone, but need to get up and leave before the call is complete? Or just arrived at the office while on a Virtual Office Mobile app call and want to move the conversation to your desk phone or Virtual Office Desktop application? Virtual Office makes it easy to "flip calls" in one of two simple ways.
Desk phones, Virtual Office Desktop
Note: Currently, this method will not work for deskphone-to-Virtual Office Desktop application. To flip a call from a Polycom deskphone to the desktop app, please see the call park method below.
- While on a live call on any 8x8 desk phone or Virtual Office application, ensure the device/application you want to move to is open or activated.
- From the keypad of the device/application you want to move to, dial * 8 8, then tap or click Call (or the call icon).
- The call becomes active on the new connected device/application.
Call Park (For Polycom Deskphones or Virtual Office Desktop application)
- Inform the other party you are speaking with that they will be placed on a brief hold.
- On your Polycom phone or Virtual Office Desktop application key pad, press the Park key. (The call is placed on hold at the Call Park extension.)
- Note the extension number for where the call is parked.
- From any another 8x8 application, device or extension, dial the Call Park extension to retrieve the call.
For more, see the Virtual Office Desktop Online Help. (In the Virtual Office Desktop Application, click Help > View Online Help.)