Importing Google contacts into Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) version 6.2 or later.
- Virtual Office Desktop v 6.2 and later
- New Experience Mode
- Ensure you have Virtual Office Desktop v 6.2 or later installed.
- In Virtual Office Desktop, go to Contacts > My Contacts.
- From the bottom right of the contact list, click the Add Contacts blue button to expand the adding contacts options.
- Select Import from Google to start authentication to the desired Google account.
Alternatively, this action can also be triggered from Settings > Contacts.
- Select your Google account, or click Add Another Account to add a different Google account.
- If required, enter login credentials.
- Click Allow to allow VOD access to your Google account.
- Confirm access.
- When the import is complete, the imported contacts will be available in My Contacts list and all Google imported contacts will have a Google logo on the bottom-right of the contact icons.
- You can easily Refresh Google Contacts from the top of your My Contacts list.
- Google Contacts without phone numbers are not imported into 8x8 Virtual Office.
- You can only have contacts imported from one Google account at a time.
- When using a G-Suite managed account, Google contact import applies to contacts from your personal Google Contacts list, but not from your business Google Directory list. To allow colleagues to access Google Directory contacts that are not using 8x8, those contacts should be imported by the administrator at the level of the company directory.
To learn how to import Google contacts in Virtual Office Desktop v 5.9 or earlier, click here.