Description & Download
Virtual Office Desktop is a comprehensive unified communications application that integrates a business softphone with visual voicemail, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, and web conferencing—all in a standalone desktop application. Click the buttons below to Download Virtual Office Desktop for your Windows or Mac computer.
EXE version for per-user deployment: For users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install. (Learn more.)
MSI for machine-wide installation: Installs VOD machine-wide to the Program Files folder. Best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive. (Learn more.) If the file downloads as a .exe, remove the .exe and try to download again.
Version 6.3.5 (1) published on 7/23/19.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System
- Windows 7 and newer.
- MacOS 10.10 and newer.
- Hardware Requirements
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit).
- 16 GB of available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit).
- Browser Compatibility
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or newer.
- Google Chrome 5.0 or newer.
- Firefox 2.0 or newer.
- Safari 3.0 or newer.
- Minimum 1.5 Mbps down/up (Cable modem, DSL, or better).
For a complete list of requirements, refer to the Virtual Office Technical Requirements.
What's new in this release?
Core & Voice
- Vertical Navigation bar for more top level navigation options.
- Outlook Contact company field considered at import.
- Ability to customize global shortcut keys in Settings that work even if VO is in the background.
- Known limitations around existing shortcut keys:
- During shortcut edit mode, the existing assigned hotkeys are not deactivated (e.g., CmdOrControl + K is assigned, always enabled and triggers the Keypad before it can be recorded in the edit mode).
- Conflicts with other already set shortcuts are not detected when setting a new shortcut (e.g., CmdOrControl + / already set for Mute-Unmute, but only active during Calls).
- Known limitations around existing shortcut keys:
- Compact mode preserved as set by the user.
- Feedback is not a Support channel to set proper expectations.
- Ability to transfer a CTI call that is on hold.
- Remove advanced default meeting settings from VOD.
- Time stamps updated for edited or deleted messages.
- Updated “Read Receipts” behavior.
- Additional instrumentation for product feature usage.
- Resolves some issues with app stability.
Bug Fixes in This Version
- Improved identification of Plantronics headsets.
- Start Virtual Office on desktop login option is lost on update.
- The extension shows with a leading + in the incoming call screen.
- Chat messages order incorrectly displayed when the user's time is not synced with the server time.
- Cannot add people to a Meet Now meeting (invites are not being sent).
- It is not possible to change the profile picture while the company contacts are being loaded. Workaround: Wait for the company contacts to load before trying to change your profile picture.
- Intermittent issue: If a caller info pop-up is set and the call is through a desk phone, when a call is received from an external number sometimes two browser windows open up.
Download for Windows
VOD provides two packages for Windows. The two packages are fundamentally different, using different deployment and update mechanisms. We recommend reading the following carefully before using either of them.
Engineering and developmental support of VOD for Windows 7 will end February 12, 2020. Click here for details.
EXE Version for Per-User Deployment
The EXE version is meant for users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install.
What to Consider
- EXE version will be installed to %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Automatic updates are downloaded and installed for the user. In previous 5.x versions, users were prompted to install the update.
- No need for maintenance — VOD will keep itself up-to-date and secure.
- VOD will check for updates every time the user sign in or once every 24 hours or when they check for updates manually. The updates are downloaded in the background without user intervention
- If there is an update to be installed, VOD will apply the update automatically when the user signs into VOD. If the user has not installed an update three days after it was downloaded, they will see a Relaunch to Install banner. They can click the Relaunch to Install link and install the update.
MSI for Machine-Wide Installation
The Windows Installer file (MSI) package installs Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) machine-wide to the Program Files folder. By installing in the Program Files folder, it can be used by multiple users on one computer.
This package is best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive.
Download for Mac
Click the button below to download and install Virtual Office Desktop for macOS (DMG file).
Engineering and developmental support of VOD for Mac OS X Yosemite will end October 16, 2019. Click here for details.
- For issues with installation on Windows, try running Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- After installing or starting Virtual Office Desktop, if you see an error message about a missing file such as MSVCR100.dll or mfc100.dll, click here to install the required file from Microsoft.