Importing Google contacts into 8x8 Work for Desktop.
As of June 15, 2021, the Import Google Contacts feature will require 8x8 Work for Desktop v7.6 or higher. This is due to Google's retirement of their older import API.
Users of 8x8 Work for Desktop v7.5 or lower who need to continue using the Google contacts import must update to the latest version.
- 8x8 Work for Desktop
- Google Contacts
- In 8x8 Work for Desktop, go to Contacts > My Contacts.
- From the bottom right of the contact list, click the blue Add Contacts button to expand the adding contacts options.
- Select Import from 3rd party to start authentication to the desired Google account.
Alternatively, this action can also be triggered from Settings > Contacts.
- Select your Google account, or click Add Another Account to add a different Google account.
- If required, enter login credentials.
- Click Allow to allow Work for Desktop access to your Google account.
- Confirm access.
- When the import is complete, the imported contacts will be available in My Contacts list and all Google imported contacts will have a Google logo on the bottom-right of the contact icons.
- You can easily Refresh Google Contacts from the top of your My Contacts list
- You can only have contacts imported from one Google account at a time.
- When using a G-Suite managed account, Google contact import applies to contacts from your personal Google Contacts list, but not from your business Google Directory list. To allow colleagues to access Google Directory contacts that are not using 8x8, those contacts should be imported by the administrator at the level of the company directory.