As of 5/26/20, number porting for the following countries has been impacted due to global events around COVID-19.
We are monitoring daily for updates globally:
- Australia: Telstra: Significant delay across all CAT C porting in near term if numbers are with Telstra
- France: Possible delay & restrictions on Porting with Orange- Orange in France working with limited capability & resources to support Number Porting requests. All non-critical ports requested to be postponed for 2-3 weeks while we keep an eye on situation & share further updates. Sensitive & critical porting requests will continue to be supported by Orange during this difficult time.
- Portugal: Expect delays
- Spain: As of 4/9: Porting resumed with severe limitations:
- Only 50 numbers can be ported per operator, per day
- No ports can be completed that require physical intervention on your part: only ports that can be completed remotely will be processed.
- United Kingdom:
- United Kingdom's incumbent operator, BT, is experiencing severe porting delays.
- All porting requests made to port numbers from BT will be accepted, but they may be delayed.
- All porting requests made from carriers other than BT will still take place as usual, although we're receiving reports of delays elsewhere too due to COVID-19
- United States: Some delays reported
- Rest of the countries: No restriction on Number Porting in remaining countries, however the situation may change rapidly & we are keeping close eye on further developments.
- Number Porting
- Ports into 8x8 from other carriers
- Ports out of 8x8 to other carriers
Currently, we've only identified delays or freezes in porting for the identified countries. As 8x8 receives updates from carriers, the article will be updated.
2020-05-22, 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time / 11:30 p.m. British Time