You can set rules in Account Manager to forward all calls to your Auto Attendant, where your recorded message can inform callers of your business hours, or any other information they need to know.
Please note: Holiday Rules are in place once saved, and will take effect immediately after 12 am on a date designated as a holiday. The forwarding rule will remain in place for 24 hours (from 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.) and will expire automatically at the end of the day. For extended holidays, each day must be designated as a holiday in the Business Hours – Holiday Hours tab.
To Set Holiday Call Forwarding Rules:
- Log in to Account Manager.
- On the top navigation bar, select Phone System.
- Under the Phone System menu, select Auto Attendant to view a list of all profiles.
- Find the Auto Attendant Profile you wish to edit.
- In the Actions column, click Edit.
- Check that the holiday has been added to the Holiday Hours calendar:
- Expand Business Hours Rules and Recordings section and check Holiday Hours for the date and description.
- Click the Plus or Minus icons to add or delete holidays.
- If your holiday includes multiple days, each day must be added separately by clicking on the date in the calendar.
- At the bottom of the page, click to expand Holiday Hours Rules and Recordings. The Auto Attendant At A Glance / Auto Attendant Main Menu window displays below.
- In the Auto Attendant Main Menu box, select Additional Options to display forwarding rules.
- To forward to an external number:
- From the pulldown menu, select Transfer to External Number.
- Input the phone number to which calls should transfer using 11-digit format (including the numeral 1; no spaces or hyphens).
- Click Save.
- Click the Manage Recordings tab and check that a holiday greeting has been recorded for your extension.