Setting up cost centers for sites as an Editions or X Series (Virtual Office Configuration Manager) account admin.
- X Series
- Virtual Office Configuration Manager
This process requires administrative access.
Initial Cost Center Configuration
- Log in to your 8x8 Application Panel.
- Click My 8x8.
- Go to the Billing tab and select Billing Preferences.
- Select a billing option:
- Single Bill for all Cost Centers: All cost centers will be represented on one bill.
- Multiple Bills by Cost Center: Each cost center will have a separate bill.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Billing tab and select Cost Center.
- Choose your preferred cost center creation method.
- Site-Based Cost Centers: Cost centers will be automatically created or deleted based on the sites you have configured in Configuration Manager.
- Independent Cost Centers: Cost centers must be created and deleted manually.
- Click Create. Note: If you selected Site-Base Cost Centers, it will take some time for the cost centers to populate.
Creating Independent Cost Centers
- From the Cost Center tab, click Create.
- Enter a name for the cost center. This should correspond to a site you have set up in Configuration Manager.
- Select a contact from your account to associate with the Cost Center.
- Select the payment method for the Cost Center.
- Click Save.
Assigning Services to a Cost Center
- From the Cost Center tab, click Edit (pencil) to the right of the cost center for which you want to assign services.
- Select the tab corresponding to the services you want to assign to the cost center.
- User Assignable
- Contact Center and Other Licenses
- Click Configure.
- Check the box to the left of the User, License, Service, or Device you want to assign to the cost center.
- Click Save & Continue.
- When you are done assigning services to your cost center, click Save.