Cancel an 8x8 account or extension.
- 8x8 X Series
- Legacy 8x8 services (Account Manager)
- 8x8 Virtual Contact Center (Legacy)
- Contact Now
|Only certain admin users will have access to the Cancel Services option. If you're experiencing issues or are unable to see the button, call +1 (866) 879-8647 and press 1, then 4 at the audio prompt or contact your account manager.
- Porting out? Porting your phone numbers away from 8x8 to a different carrier does not constitute or trigger 8x8 service cancellations.
- Advanced notice required At least thirty (30) days advance notice is required for cancellation of services.
- Contract Buy Out fees may apply for customers cancelling during their contract term. Canceling at the end of your term is recommended to prevent buyout fees
- Identify what services you would like to cancel and when you would like the cancellation to take effect (at least 30 days out).
- Log in to your 8x8 Support Portal.
- Hover over the Billing header and select Cancel Services from the menu.
- Complete the cancellation request form.
- Once the form has been submitted we may request that you contact us so we can gather any remaining necessary information to process your cancellation.
- After all details have been confirmed you will receive an email from the Cancellation team including:
- The Date your services are set for cancellation.
- Information regarding contract buyout fees (if applicable). For more details on how we charge Contract buyout fees refer to the 8x8 terms and conditions.
- Any additional steps must be taken prior to cancellation specific to your account.
- On your cancellation date, you will receive an email letting you know that your services have been canceled. At this point, services will no longer be available and any assigned phone numbers will ring busy.
- After your cancellation, we give you a 30-day Grace period where you can restore your service. To restore your service, respond to the cancellation email from the cancellation specialist.
- You will receive an email at the end of your grace period letting you know that your services/account will not be accessible after a certain date.
- For partial Cancellations: To make sure your request is handled in a timely manner, make sure any canceling licenses have been unassigned.
- We do not prorate services after cancellation. If your services are active during the month that you are canceling, you will be billed for the entire month of services.
- Refer to 8x8's current Terms and Conditions (sections 2.1, 2.3.1, 11, & 12) for more information.