How long does it take for a porting case to be addressed.
Porting is an intricate process involving multiple parties (8x8 porting team, our client, the losing provider and gaining provider). The timeframes provided below are estimates.
Please keep in mind that the porting processing time depends on the complexity of the situation, our carrier's availability and our team's current volume of work.
New port submission cases are usually picked up by the 8x8 team within 5 days from the moment the port request is created via Admin Console.
Port processing Lead Times
- US standard port (up to 50 numbers): 7-10 business days
- UK standard port (up to 50 numbers): up to 25 business days
- US porting projects (over 50 numbers): 21 business days or more depending on the complexity of the project
- UK porting projects (over 50 numbers): 25 business days or more depending on the complexity of the project
- International ports: processing time varies on the port's complexity and the country the client is porting in
Other porting concerns
Port out (CSR) requests are usually addressed within 7 days from the moment the service request is created via the 8x8 customer portal.
Porting inquiries (SLAM, Spoofing, etc.) are usually addressed within 48 hours from the moment the service request is created via the 8x8 customer portal.