Spoofing: How to make non-8x8 numbers available for outbound calling (8x8 Work)
This article will show you how to raise a spoofing request for 8x8 Work.
Before you can select a non-8x8 telephone number as an external caller ID on your 8x8 account, the number would need to be validated. To request this validation, and provide the necessary documentation, please follow the steps outlined in this article. Once this process is fully complete, you will be able to use your non-8x8 numbers for outbound calls from 8x8 Work.
Not applicable to 8x8 Virtual Contact Center
For other exceptions please click here to see the 'Important Notes' section.
In order to validate your telephone number(s) we will need a few documents from you, so please gather the following before raising your spoofing request:
- Outbound Caller ID Spoofing Authorisation Form
- A copy of the most recent bill from the current provider (must be dated within the last 30 days)
- If your bill does not show the telephone number(s) then, in addition to the bill, please also obtain the following:
- US & Canada - A CSR (Customer Service Record) from the current provider.
- UK & Other Global - An email from the current provider confirming ownership of the number(s). (This email must be recognisably from an address belonging to the current provider, and must show the number(s) in question)
Please bear in mind that incomplete documentation will cause a delay in processing your spoofing request, as we will only be able to proceed once the required paperwork is supplied.
Once the documentation has been gathered, you are ready to submit a spoofing request via the 8x8 Support Portal.
For more general information on how to manage support cases via the 8x8 Support Portal, please click here.
In order to raise a spoofing request, please create a new case and complete the essential fields accordingly:
|Case Type||Select 'Porting Queries'|
|Severity Level||Select the appropriate option from the dropdown menu|
|Subject||Enter 'Spoofing Request' or similar|
|Description||Let us know how many numbers need to be validated, and any other relevant details|
|Timezone to Contact||Select the appropriate option from the dropdown menu|
|Attach a File||Attach the documentation outlined above.|
The fields not mentioned here can be filled at your own discretion.
Once your spoofing request has been raised and the correct documentation has been provided, the time it takes us to validate will vary based on how many numbers are involved.
- For requests of up to 10 numbers, please allow 2 business days
- For requests of 11-50 numbers, please allow 4 business days
- For requests of 51 numbers or more, we will need to assess the requirement before providing an estimated timeframe
- Spoofing is not available for:
- Toll Free numbers
- Wireless/Mobile numbers
- Fax services
- 8x8 Express accounts
- Spoofed numbers can only be set as external caller ID on a user by user basis. The 'Main Line Number' for a site can only be set as an 8x8 telephone number.
- Spoofed numbers will not appear on the 'Phone Numbers' page in Admin Console. They will only be available to search, and select, in the dropdown field of the 'External Caller ID' when editing a user via Admin Console.
- 8x8 has no control over the Caller ID of a spoofed number.