- US Local and Toll free Number porting requests
Once we hear back from your loosing provider and a transfer date is set, you may be wondering when during the day the number will actually transfer over. Depending on how the port is being processed, the time of the actual port completion may vary. Keep in mind that until the request completes the number will remain active on the former provider. Most ports result in minimal downtime of the number once complete, typically less than 5 minutes.
Most local porting orders are handled by our automated system these orders are processed anytime from 3 to 5 am PST Monday -Friday, but depending on the loosing carrier the port can occur as late as 3 PM PST
For some complex port requests one of our Porting specialists will have to process your request manually. Often times they work behind the scenes and move your port along without any input needed. Time ranges are often dependent on the loosing carrier but we typically see porting requests complete within the following ranges:
- Mondays: 5 AM PST - 3 PM PST
- Tuesdays: 5 AM PST - 3 PM PST
- Wednesdays: 5 AM PST - 3 PM PST
- Thursdays: 5 AM PST - 3 PM PST
- Fridays: 5 AM PST - 12 PM PST
If you're working directly with an Porting agent on an order, feel free to request a time along with your date if it falls within these ranges. Keep in mind requests are made on a best effort basis and due to certain carrier limitations may not be able to be accommodated
- While the sometimes we can port later in the afternoon, the losing providers Porting teams are often is not available if issues arise during the transfer. In these cases, numbers may end up having extended outages until we can contact the loosing providers porting team the next morning.
- Keep in mind that until the request completes the number will remain active on the former provider. Most ports result in minimal downtime of the number, typically less than 5 minutes.
- While these dates consider the typical M-F schedule, often times holidays can shorten window of availability on the day before or after the holiday.