To cancel a Number Port Request.
- Number Porting
Delaying a port request
- Delays to a port request are made on a best effort basis, it is not uncommon that a losing carrier will decline to delay a port request.
- Most carriers require at least 3 business days to push back a transfer request for US numbers and 7 or more for non US numbers
- A port request can often only be delayed once, if you need to delay a request more than one time, it's best practice to request a cancelation of your port request and then submit a new request once you are ready.
If your number is scheduled to transfer to 8x8 within 5 days please contact our number transfer support team via chat located on the bottom right of this page (available 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST, Monday-Friday.) Otherwise, please create a case for our support team
Cancelling a port request
- Cancelations requests on a port are made on a best effort basis
- US number ports require at least 3 business days notice to cancel a port or 7 for non US numbers. We can still request a cancelation with the loosing provider within that window but may not be processed in time and the numbers may port anyway
If your number is scheduled to transfer to 8x8 within 5 days please contact our number transfer support team available via chat 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST, Monday-Friday Otherwise, follow the steps below:
- Login to Admin Console
- Select Phone Numbers
- Locate the numbers you would like to cancel the port for.
Some number transfer requests contain multiple numbers that would be cancelled at the same time, if you only looking to cancel a portion of your number transfer request, please create a case with 8x8 support.
- Select the 3 dots to the right side of the number
- Select Remove Porting request
- Some ports may not have this option available, if not please create a case with 8x8 support.
Virtual Office Account Manager
- If you have requested a number transfer into virtual office account manger, but would like to cancel the port, please create a case with 8x8 support.