What effect does COVID-19 have on number porting?
- Number Porting
- Ports into 8x8 from other carriers
- Ports out of 8x8 to other carriers
As of 5/26/20, number porting for the following countries has been impacted due to global events around COVID-19.
We are monitoring daily for updates globally:
- Australia: Telstra: Significant delay across all CAT C porting in near term if numbers are with Telstra
- France: Possible delay & restrictions on Porting with Orange- Orange in France working with limited capability & resources to support Number Porting requests. All non-critical ports requested to be postponed for 2-3 weeks while we keep an eye on the situation & share further updates. Sensitive & critical porting requests will continue to be supported by Orange during this difficult time.
- Portugal: Expect delays
- Spain: As of 4/9: Porting resumed with severe limitations:
- Only 50 numbers can be ported per operator, per day
- No ports can be completed that require a physical intervention on your part: only ports that can be completed remotely will be processed.
- United Kingdom:
- United Kingdom's incumbent operator, BT, is experiencing severe porting delays.
- All porting requests made to port numbers from BT will be accepted, but they may be delayed.
- All porting requests made from carriers other than BT will still take place as usual, although we're receiving reports of delays elsewhere too due to COVID-19
- United States: Some delays reported
- Rest of the countries: No restriction on Number Porting in remaining countries, however, the situation may change rapidly & we are keeping a close eye on further developments.
Currently, we've only identified delays or freezes in porting for the identified countries. As 8x8 receives updates from carriers, the article will be updated.