Learn how to effectively get help using our helpful AI-powered chatbot.
- 8x8 Support Knowledge Base
- 8x8 Customer Portal
Get Automated Answers
The 8x8 Virtual Assistant is available to users on any page of the 8x8 Support Knowledge Base (this website), as well as the Customer Portal (My 8x8). Follow the guide below to access the Assistant and find information to answer your questions or resolve any issues.
- At the bottom right corner of any page on the Knowledge Base or Customer Portal, click the octopus icon.
- If prompted, enter the email address associated with your 8x8 user account.
Note: You'll only need to do this once per session in your browser.
- Enter your question. For best results:
- Enter one specific question at a time.
- If trying to resolve an error message, enter the text of the message.
- Be specific about your query, but avoid entering account or user specific info, such as a particular extension, phone, or case number.
- You may be presented with a list of possible answers. You can click each card to review the information, or simply select the one that sounds most relevant.
- To see any answer within its complete Knowledge Base article context, simply click the header text. The article will open in a new tab/window.
- Give feedback on whether the answer was helpful. This will both help to improve future performance of the Virtual Assistant, as well as provide an opportunity to connect with 8x8 Support Chat if needed.
Need More Help?
When the Virtual Assistant can't provide the answers you need, it will connect you with a live 8x8 Support Chat representative for further assistance. You will be required to log into your 8x8 services to verify your status as an 8x8 customer.
- When the Assistant asks if the answer provided was helpful, click No.
- When the Assistant asks if you'd like to contact someone in 8x8 Support, click Yes.
- In order to provide the most efficient help, enter some basic account information:
- your 8x8 phone number
- your company name
- your name
- In order to verify your status as an 8x8 customer, when prompted, click Authorization.
- If prompted, log in with your 8x8 username and password and complete the security check. (If you are already logged into your 8x8 services in this browser session, you can skip this step.)
Back in the main chat window, you will be connected to a live 8x8 chat support representative who will review your conversation to that point, continue to assist you, and provide a support case for reference.