Chatting with 8x8 Support
Need to chat with an 8x8 Support agent? Simply create a case for 8x8 Chat Support.
Create a New Case for Chat
- In the upper right corner of the knowledge base, click Get Support. You will be taken to your Support Portal home page.
- Click Cases and select New Case to begin creating a new case. You will see a form that is pre-populated with your name, company name, and contact information.
- Note: If your contact information is incorrect, ask your account administrator to update it in Account Manager or Configuration Manager. If you are experiencing multiple issues, please create a separate case for each issue. Cancellation requests must be submitted to 8x8 Support over the phone.
- Complete all required fields on the Create a Case form, including a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.
- To chat about your issue, click Start a Chat. The page will refresh to show your new case, and the 8x8 pre-chat form will open in a pop-up window.
- Provide your Case Number in the pre-chat form.
- Click Send.
Chat About An Existing Case
If you have an open Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center case, you can chat about your case with an 8x8 Support agent.
- In the upper right corner of the knowledge base, click Get Support. You will be taken to your Support Case home page.
- Click Cases and select View Cases.
- To chat about open VO or VCC cases, click the Case Number in the list of open cases.
- To the right of the case details, click Chat About This Case to chat with an 8x8 Support agent about your case.
- The 8x8 pre-chat form will open in a pop-up window. Complete the form, being sure to include your Case Number.
- Click Send to initiate the chat.
Note: For more details on how to view information for previously submitted cases, see Viewing and Managing Cases in the 8x8 Support Portal.