How to View and Manage Cases in the 8x8 Support Portal
Want to check your case status, view or create a case message post, or manage the complete list of your support tickets?
You can do all this and more through the 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8).
Managing Cases in the 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8)
Once you have created a case, you may go back and review the case status, add notes, or see case details. You can do all of this through the Customer Portal.
From the 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8), you can:
- See a list of recent cases
- See individual case details
- Post a comment to Support on open cases
- Chat with a Support agent about open cases
- Create new cases
- Add attachments to a case
- Resolve cases
Who can access the 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8)?
The Portal is accessible to all users on 8x8 business accounts with an 8x8 username and password.
Note for 8x8/Packet 8 Residential Customers: When your case is created, you will receive email notifications at the email address on file in your account. You may correspond on cases by replying to those emails.
Note: System administrators have the ability to view all cases created by themselves and all end users on the account. End users are only able to view their own cases.
Need an account to view or raise a case? You'll need a User Profile, created by an Admin. Click here to create a User Profile in 8x8 Admin Console. Using Account Manager? Click here.
- Click the Get Support button at the top-right of this article page and then supply your 8x8 credentials to log in, or log in to your 8x8 Application Panel using your 8x8 credentials and click My 8x8 (X Series admins).
- Click Support.
A list of cases will appear. This view defaults to My Open Cases.
- To see resolved cases, click the arrow in Filter By: and select My Resolved Cases.
- Cases marked as Closed cannot be reopened or edited.
- Need to submit a new issue? Click Create New Case. For more information, see How to create a case with 8x8 Technical Support.
Please see below for further instructions about viewing and editing your cases.
Note: Users with Primary or Secondary Administrator privileges set in Account Manager will see all cases for all users across your company.
Viewing Case Details and Adding Comments for Support
To see the details of an individual case, click the Case Number in the list of open cases. Here you will see the details for an individual case. You can read comments that you have added, as well as comments from 8x8 Support. To post a new comment to Support, click enter your comment, and click Add Comment. You can add an attachment to your comment by clicking Add Attachment. The file size limit is 10MB.
Note: As your case progresses, you may receive email notifications when your case is updated, its status changes, or 8x8 Support has been waiting for a response from you (at the 2-day and 5-day marks). You may optionally update your case by simply replying to these emails.
Viewing Case Attachments
- Click the Case ID.
- Scroll to Attachments.
- Click the attachment link. The file will either display in the browser or prompt you to download or open the attachment.
Chatting About Existing Cases
If you have an open support case, you can chat about your case with an 8x8 Support agent. To do so, click the Case Number in the list of open cases. To the right of the case details, click Chat about this Case and follow the prompts to chat with an 8x8 Support agent about your case. (Please ensure your browser allows pop-ups to use this feature.)