A Softphone connection sends audio over the internet and once a Softphone application is installed and configure with the correct SIP information agents can open connection anywhere, they have internet access.
There are various Softphone applications available to download, a popular option to use is X-Lite.
Any SIP endpoint which supports a G.711 codec can be used to access ContactNow.
You must ensure the Softphone connection method has been enabled via the Global Agent Options in System setup.
- Click on Softphone and then click Connect.
Note: Agents have their own, unique, Agent No. and Passcode. In the blurred space above, this will show.
- Open your Softphone of choice (X-Lite, for example) and dial 3851000.
- When prompted by the automated voice, enter your Agent Number and Passcode.
- If correct, you will hear "Agent logged in" and the browser page will update.
- If incorrectly entered, you'll be prompted that this is the case. Re-enter your details, or hang up and try again.
See other possible methods to Connect to the Dialler.