To edit an Inbound queue, navigate to Agents, Teams and Queues from the Configuration menu and select the Queues tab. Click the Options icon (gear) on the right hand side of the queue you wish to manage, then select Edit. You will then be presented with the following three tabs, explained in detail below.
You can edit basic details of the inbound queue such as the Queue Name, Out of Hours Policy, and Script Text from this tab, you can also add / edit queue scripts and assign inbound numbers.
- Out of Hours - Out of hours / Time of day policies can be set against the inbound queues. Please click here to learn more about setting up Time of Day policies.
- Inbound Numbers - An 0845 number will automatically be assigned to the queue but can be changed here. You can assign a single inbound number by choosing from the dropdown list, alternatively hold CTRL (Windows) or CMD (Mac) while selecting to assign multiple numbers.
- Preview - You are also able to Preview any script assigned to the Queue to see how it will appear while an agent is on call. You will need to save the changes to the script / queue before being able to use the Preview feature.
The settings tab is used for more in depth configurations on the queue.
- Call Recording - You can choose to have call recording on or off for the inbound queue.
- Agent Announcement - The agent announcement message is unique to each agent and is created / managed via the Agents tab. When enabled on the queue, the customer will hear the agent announcement before being connected to the agent (e.g., "you are being connected to..." followed by the agent's name).
- Auto-select Customer - When an inbound call is received from a customer whose telephone number matches a record within the campaign, the system will automatically populate the agents page with the customer record saving time and effort searching for a customer manually. If there is more than one instance of the same telephone number within the campaign, the system will produce a list of matches for the agent to choose from.
- AOD Ring Time - This feature only takes effect if the agent is connected via Agent On Demand. If the agent does not answer within the given time frame the call is then passed to another agent.
The redirect (Call Divert) feature can be controlled directly from the inbound queues settings page, or if the queue is set up as personal queue the redirect can also be controlled via the Agent interface.
- In Office - You can set up redirects when in the office to redirect a call to another number (internal or external), to another inbound / message queue or to Voice-mail. The redirect will behave a per the rules set in the Max Wait field.
- Out of office - When the toggle is set to Out of Office there is no Max Wait time needed and all calls will be redirected based on the chosen settings.
- Voicemail - When the voicemail option is set as the redirect on a shared inbound queue all agents assigned will have access to the messages through the Agent Interface, they will also be available via the Calls Report page. For more information on how to correctly configure Agent Voicemail, click here.
Out Of Office
It is the responsibility of the admin to toggle this appropriately. This is not controlled by a time of day policy.
The Customer Management section controls which dataset the agent can Store New Records to and also the Default Outbound Queue where the callbacks will be assigned to.
The Audio message tab is where you can configure the messages played to agents and customers. You can upload your own Wave (.wav) audio files or use the Text to speech tool.
- Welcome: Played to the customer when connected, before speaking to an agent.
- Whisper: Played through the agent's headset before the call is connected. This is useful if agents are assigned to several queues so they can use the correct greeting.
- Announce - A message can be played to customers while they are holding, the Announce Frequency field determines how often the message is relayed to the customer.
When you have made your changes, click Update at the bottom of the page to save the new settings for the queue. Any errors will be highlighted in red at the top of the screen and you will be required to adjust the settings then click Update again. To discard any changes, simply click Back to Queues. You will then be returned to the Queues tab.