As part of EasyContactNow’s global expansion we have upgraded the data importer with several new features and a new look. The new importer also has improved performance when handling large files.
If you are still using the old data importer please click here to access the appropriate help article.
As well as new look the data importer has several UX improvements such as enabling checks against multiple lists at once. Your progress through the data importer is shown clearly at the top of the page. Settings and other options are easier to understand making it easier to manipulate your data they way you want to.
Please note that you can only import CSV files.
In order to import a CSV file to a dataset, hover over the Data icon in the Navigation bar and click Import Data.
Click the Gear icon located on the right side of the file you wish to import and select Import.
As we phase in the new data importer, we understand that some users may want to continue using the old importer. To use the old importing format select the “Return to the old data importer” option as shown below. This is situated at the top of the file setting step of the import process.
At the top of the page, you will see the 6 steps required to successfully upload your data. You cannot upload data until each step has been completed.
The File settings page is the first step of the import process and allows you to edit the top level detail of your CSV file.
- CSV: The name of the CSV file you have uploaded
- Description: You have the option to rename the dataset or you can leave the default name.
- Select Campaign: Here you must select a campaign you wish to assign the data into.
- Field Separator: This option is used when importing unusual file formats like TXT files where the fields are separated by a comma or other character.
- Contains Headers? Headers (field names) are usually in the top row of the CSV file. If your data file does not have headers please un-tick this box before continuing.
- Preview Length: A preview screen will be shown when the Next button is clicked to give you an overview of what the organised data will look like on our system.
If you are satisfied with your choices and the changes made please Click Next to continue.
You will now be presented with the Data preview screen, the value previously set on the Preview Length option will affect how many records you can preview (the default value is 10).
Steps that you have completed will have a green tick to show that they have been completed.
If the preview does not show in a structured format you may need to go back one step and change delimiter. If the data has been read correctly and you are satisfied with the layout shown, click Next to continue.
The Field Assignment stage is where you will match columns from the uploaded file to columns from the campaign.
Some of the columns you may want to assign will be under the drop-down menu as standard such as Personal details and Phone numbers.
If you need to create custom columns to contain extra data these can be created on the Edit Database Fields page.
You can also choose to ignore columns in the data you have imported, e.g., credit card details or applicant numbers (which may not be applicable to your business but appear in the data you are uploading). If the data you are uploading contains field names that exactly match the campaign columns, they will automatically be assigned / matched, the columns will then be highlighted green. Columns that are not matched will be highlighted in red and will either need to be matched or ignored.
- Load Template: The saved templates will appear as a drop-down list for you to choose from.
- Revert to Default: Go back to the default template.
- Database Field: Select the field to assign the data in your record to.
- Save Template: If data is uploaded with the same column headers each time, you can save a template to eradicate the need to match the fields each time you import data.
Once you are satisfied with the columns you have assigned, click Next to continue.
The next stage is Import Analysis. At this stage the system will analyse the uploaded data to ensure the data is as clean as possible.
- Valid / Invalid phone number: The system will look at the format of the numbers to ensure they are valid, any telephone numbers with less than 8 digits after the initial 0 will be classed as invalid, you can then choose to exclude or include using the drop-down in the actions column (exclude will be chosen by default).
- Numbers in DNC list: You can choose to check the file being uploaded for telephone numbers that appear in any saved DNC lists. The lists can be selected from the actions column and if any numbers are identified you will be presented with the total figure of matches next to the list name in the Information column. The numbers will then be removed from the dataset being uploaded.
- File duplicated phone numbers: The system will check the file being uploaded for telephone numbers duplicated within itself. If duplicates are found a red error message will be displayed at the top of the page and a message will be visible in the information column. You can choose to include all duplicates or keep first only (first instance) by selecting from the drop-down in the actions column. Additionally, If you click on the blue text in the error message or the information column a new window will open showing the Duplicates in more detail (see image below).
- TPS list: In order to make your outbound dialling more compliant; the systems list will now match any numbers from your dataset with the TPS DNC. The remove toggle will allow you to remove or include these number(s).
You can also include and exclude numbers based on the type of numbers. Landlines and Mobiles numbers will be listed along with premium rate and other numbers.
Once you are satisfied with the selections please click Next to continue.
The Dataset Analysis feature checks the file being uploaded against other datasets within the campaign and will notify you if there are any duplicate numbers that may have already been uploaded. Note: other campaigns will not be checked!
- Dataset Description - The names of the other datasets within the campaign will be listed here.
- Duplicated Phone Numbers - This will show a numerical value of how many numbers have been identified as being duplicated.
- De-duplicate - You can select the tick box to run the de-duplicate tool against the dataset / datasets, the tool will be run when the Next button is pressed.
Please click Next to continue.