A Softphone connection uses an application installed on your computer to send and receive audio over the internet. This means that agents do not need to have desk phones or pay for telephony lines in your office. The Softphone method enables agents to connect to your contact centre anywhere with access to the internet.
There are various Softphone applications available to download. A popular option is X-Lite, we will be using X-Lite as an example of how you would configure your Softphone.
X-Lite supports Windows and Mac operating systems. The instructions below describe how to set up X-Lite on Windows. Although the process is the same, the appearance may look slightly different on a Mac.
Important! Please be aware that the below configuration settings are standard for a majority of X-Lite users. If the below does not work then it may be a local IT issue, on the computer itself or on the network the computer is connected to.
We advise setting up with the below settings, however, if issues arise during set up please contact Support to assist further in identifying the root cause.
In order to log in using X-Lite, you will need to find out your SIP information. There are multiple SIP servers so it is important to get the server specific to your account. You can identify which one you need to use from the Agent log in screen by selecting Softphone and clicking SIP Configuration.
Getting Logged In
- Enter the credentials presented below into X-Lite.
- Click Account Settings as shown below.
- Fill in the account details provided for your contact centre.
Note: Please make sure to untick Register with domain and receive calls.
- When you have entered the credentials click OK.
- Within 30 seconds you should see the Softphone connect to the SIP server and display Available with a green tick.
- When an Available message is displayed with a green tick as shown in the screen below you have successfully setup your X-Lite Softphone.
- To log in and start taking calls dial 3851000. You will be prompted to enter your agent number and password which can be found on the Agent log in screen as shown above. Once authenticated, you can minimize the Softphone.
- Once the correct details have been entered, you will hear "Agent Logged In" which means you have successfully logged in and you will now be placed on Idle status on the Phone. The Agent can change their status to Available once they are ready to receive calls.
Note: You may be presented with a security alert from Windows Firewall the first time you use X-Lite. Click Allow access. Depending on your user permission you may need your network administrator to do this for you.
See other possible methods to Connect to the Dialler.