When an agent dials out to a destination and the call has connected indicated with the duration counter, the agent is unable to hear the receiver. The call may also connect but the receiver cannot hear the agent. This may occur intermittently or it may be a new issue that is ongoing.
There are a number of things to check to reach a resolution:
- Restart your computer.
- Fully log out of the ContactNow system and log back in again.
- If you are using a wired connection, check that the wires are properly inserted into the ports of the PC and/or router.
- Check that the headset you are using is not faulty by testing it on another machine or trying a different headset.
- We do not recommend the use of a wireless connection as it may be unstable and cause intermittent connection problems. See ContactNow Technical Requirements for further information.
- Check your softphone audio settings such as the input and output audio devices are correct.
- Check your PC audio settings are correct.
There may be different causes for this issue such as:
- The agent's headset is faulty.
- The network connection is weak or interrupted.
- The agents are using a wireless connection.
- Audio settings on the PC or softphone are not correctly set up.