Calls from customers are not routing to agents on the inbound queue. When calling back the number all customers hear is a message to state who they were called by, why, and then option to remove their number.
- Under Configuration, click on Agents, Teams and Queues.
- Click on the Queues tab.
- Create or locate the Inbound queue you want to assign this number to.
- Click on the Settings button (grey box to the right of the queue) and click Edit.
- On the Basics tab, click on number list for Inbound Numbers and select/highlight the number.
- Once selected, click Update to save the change.
After saving customers can now call into the Inbound queue and speak with an agent.
The cause of this is due to the DDI being assigned to an outbound queue and not an inbound queue. You can confirm this by searching the number in Agents, Teams and Queues and then in Queues.
Outbound and Inbound queues are two separate entities, hence agents on an outbound queue only will not receive inbound calls and vice versa.