Unable to find or launch the softphone after installing and configuring the software.
ContactNow, Softphones (X-Lite, Zoiper, etc)
Check the Notification area (also referred to as the System Tray) for the Softphone icon.
Some programs behave this way when minimized, and is expected across many different programs.
- In Windows 7 and 8, you could customize icons in the System Tray to permanently show on the taskbar, or hide them away in the pop-up drawer. These options have moved in Windows 10.
- In Windows 10:
- Right-click on the Taskbar.
- Choose Properties, and then click Customize.
- Click Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Now you can switch an app to On to permanently show it on the right-hand side of the taskbar.
- Note: You can also move items like Network and Volume to the system tray popup. You can also select Turn System Icons On or Off from the original Customize screen to remove icons like Volume or Notifications entirely.