NOTE: Finding a secure site to download from is not the responsibility of 8x8 and you should do so with caution.
Doing a search online will shown sites from where previous versions can be obtained. Please note 8x8 has no affiliation with any sites where previous versions of Chrome can be obtained from. When you have found a site to use please proceed with caution and ensure you have adequate security in place.
The following link describes how this can be achieved by google's official process:
This issue has since been resolved with the release of googles recent update to 75.0.3770.90 any changes made to block updates should be reverted and the browser should now be updated to version 75.0.3770.90
ContactNow, Windows, Google Chrome Version 75 and higher
to get the official process to achieve this from google support use thw following link: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7125792?hl=en
Alternatively, you can follow the below process:
How to disable the Chrome Update (you will need Administrator privileges to be able to do this)
- Open 'run as administrator' - this can be easily opened by searching for run from the start menu
- Type 'msconfig' in the text field within run then click OK
3. A new window will pop called 'System Configuration'
4. Click on the 'Services' tab and scroll down to Google Update Service (gupdate) & Google Update Service (gupdatem). Useful tip - check the 'Hide all Microsoft services' box to filter out some services
Uncheck both Google Update Service (gupdate) & Google Update Service (gupdatem)
5. Click OK. You will be prompted to 'Restart' your computer or 'Exit without restart'. Ideally, you should restart your computer so changes take effect properly.
The previous version of Chrome
Uninstall your current latest version of Chrome. If you have any important bookmarks, passwords or browsing history please ensure these are saved externally.
Download a previous version of Chrome. The latest version of Chrome at the time this article was written is Version 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build).
Install the newly downloaded version of Chrome (V74 or lower).
Click Options -> Help -> About Google Chrome
Allow Chrome to run its update scanner. It will throw an error stating that it could not update properly.
It is important to change these settings back once the issue has been resolved and the need to use a higher version of Chrome again.