Use this document to learn how to prepare your network and your agent workstations to operate with your Quality Management tenant.
Quality Management (QM for VCC) is an intuitive, fully cloud based Quality Management application which integrates natively and seamlessly with VCC. The system is maintained and continually improved to meet the needs of current and future customers. Our team is always orientated to performance and that’s easy to observe in the user friendly interface and intuitive functions of the Quality Management Application. Using the application, you can easily track information about calls or monitor employees’ activities. The tool is very useful for Quality Assurance teams because they can effectively evaluate the agents’ work on a daily basis. They can also add comments, hints, and share them in order to provide the best customer service they possibly can.
Users who are subscribed to Screen Recording services for Quality Management have the ability to capture agents' desktop screens. For users that have the Screen Client software installed on the agents' machines, administrators of the system can elect to record the agents' desktop activity along with telephone conversations. After the call is completed, you can watch the video recording in the Slide out Panel.
Considerations and Limitations for Screen Recording
Considering the user environment is typically behind a firewall, some required criteria must be reviewed prior to a successful deployment.
- Screen recording requires a small, 9MB client MSI to be installed on the agent workstation.
- It synchronizes with the Virtual Contact Center (VCC) web client using a local loopback call to 127.0.0.1:43488 on the agent workstation.
- This port should be open on the workstation to receive the call.
- The Screen Client installer handles this exclusion, however, in typical call center environments, administrators may have this functionality locked down.
Outbound TCP Connections
Quality Management Screen Recording uses a one-way established, yet two-way communications channel, secured with SSL TLS 1.2 encryption communicating with the 8x8 data center on port 443.
Outbound port 443 connections must be allowed from the agent workstation to the 8x8 data center specified by your VCC administrator.
Local Workstation Considerations
In most environments, our installer makes all the Windows Firewall exclusions and handles any permission issues. In some cases, users may need to work with our support engineers prior to deployment to ensure group policies or NTFS global permissions do not interfere with the reading of the screen and writing of the screen recordings to disk. The installer typically needs to be run as Local Administrator (via script is OK), which will create the proper environment.
Screen Recording Requirements for Agent Workstations
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 is supported
- Windows Vista and XP are not supported
- 30GB Free Hard Disk Space
- Minimum 1024MB of RAM, 2048MB recommended
- Support for up to 4x 1080p displays (for systems with many displays, 4096MB Ram
- 2-3MB per minute of file size per 1080p display (slightly adjustable)
Screen Recording Optimization
The screen recorder can be optimized to support 1-4 FPS (Frames Per Second) and also scale down the resolution to improve bandwidth consumption. Typically, live monitoring and screen recording consume 100Kbps of bandwidth but is adjustable to more or less depending on the requirements. In environments with multiple screens, we “squash” the two screens to one 1080p display. Pan and Zoom are used on the client side to view the two screens in one display window.
Customers with more than two screens need to consider increasing the resolution for screen recording, adding additional bandwidth, and disk space considerations.
Because screen recording uses a “changed area only” approach, customers with standard corporate operations software, such as CRM, experience a decreased requirement. Customers using full motion video, for example, require more bandwidth and storage to consume and store. This is atypical, as much use cases are for “normal” desktop use.
Accessing the User Interface for Playback
Quality Management is fully web-based. No plugins are required to operate the administrator or supervisor client.
The following browsers are tested and supported:
- Internet Explorer 10 and above, including Microsoft Edge
- Firefox v 32 or above
- Chrome v 39 or above
- Safari 9 or above
Customer Requirements for VCC
- VCC and Quality Management are tightly integrated.
- Any changes done to VCC will automatically reflect in Quality Management.
- Customers using VCC will notice that many of the user functions in Quality Management are disabled.
- This is because they only need to make a change in one place, and the change is completely reflected into the Quality Management interface.
- There are no additional or specific requirements for Quality Management to run on VCC.