To close specific options on certain dates or at certain times, but leave other options to route as normal.
Virtual Contact Centre
- Log in to VCC Configuration Manager as an administrator.
- Navigate to Home > Schedules.
- Click on .
- Enter a name for the schedule.
- In Weekly Schedule, leave all the days Open all day (00:00-24:00).
- In Special Events and Holidays, click on . Select the date and time that the script option will need to route differently than it does normally and change it to Closed.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Scripts and access the script that you need to make changes to.
- Locate the option that needs to route differently.
- Click on the option and select add.
- In the box that populates, select Schedule as the IVR object, add a tag and select the schedule you created earlier from the dropdown menu. Then, click OK.
- Minimize the existing routing and copy it.
- Click on Open and select paste.
- Now, remove the routing you had originally copied by clicking on it and selecting remove.
- Click Yes on the box that pops up to confirm you are sure you want to remove this routing.
- Now, click on Close and click add.
- Add IVR objects to route calls per your requirements. For example, add a Play object if you want to play a message when you are closed in this instance.
- You have now configured the Open and Closed rules for the option. Calls will only follow the Closed rules when a Special Event and Holiday is configured within the schedule. Otherwise, calls will always follow the Open rules.
- Click Save. The changes you made are now live.