To allow the closing of a Case created in CRM that causes VCC to crash
VCC Config manager
- Identify the case number in Local CRM that crashes when you attempt to open. Search for the number using the CRM search field.
- Once you can see the case clicking into it will cause VCC AGUI to crash and the agent will not be able to close the case therefore remaining in the agents queue.
- An admin or supervisor will need to login to Config Manager. Once logged in select CRM from the left pane.Select Properties as per the screen shot below untick the Radio button 'Display cases and follow-ups using HTML when available' and select Apply
- Now the case can be closed by logging back into the Agent GUI and searching for the case that was causing a crash. You will be able to now close the case. (Please Note) The text may appear malfomred as the HTML editor has been closed off.
- Once this has been done you will need to go back into CRM as above and re-enable the radio button 'Display cases and follow-ups using HTML when available' and select Apply .
It is best practice to carry out this procedure when the system is not being used.