Enable/disable Auto connect and Device supports Answer settings in VOD
Auto connect and Device supports Answer settings only apply when using a desk phone. The settings will not apply if your VOD is set to 'Call using Computer'.
Virtual Office Desktop (VOD)
- In VOD, click on the Call using button.
- From the list, select Desk phone.
- To enable Auto connect, click on the slider. It will go blue and move right.
- To enable Device supports Answer, click on the slider. It will go blue and move right.
- To disable either setting, simply click on the slider next to the relevant setting. It will go grey and move left.
When enabled, Auto connect will result in calls using your desk phone to go off-hook immediately, and you will hear the other party's phone ring. When disabled, calls will first ring your desk phone, and then be placed to the other party when you pick up.
When enabled, Device supports Answer will result in the incoming call pop-up to have both answer and dismiss buttons. Answered calls will come through your desk phone. When disabled, the incoming call pop-up will provide a dismiss button.
Note: Not all phones support call management.