8x8 Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) includes the ability to import contacts from Microsoft Lync Server with the following features:
- See your Lync contacts and their status in the VOD directory.
- Send and receive IM messages with Lync contacts from VOD.
- Lync contacts will automatically see when your status changes (Busy, On a Call, Away, etc.) in VOD.
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013 with Mobility Service (UCWA) enabled. (Note: Lync Online is not supported)
- Virtual Office Desktop 3.8 or later (Windows or Mac)
- Ensure your company has Lync Server 2013 set up properly.
- In Virtual Office Desktop, click Virtual Office > Settings (or click the settings gear icon in the bottom left corner of the application).
- From the left-hand menu in Settings, click Contacts.
- Under Import Contacts, click to check the Lync checkbox.
- In the Lync Login dialog that pops up, enter your Lync email address and password.
- Close Settings. (Your contacts configuration is automatically saved.)
- In the main application window, click the Contacts tab.
- Click All Contacts.
- To the right of the search bar, click the filter icon to open a pull-down menu.
- Click to check the box next to Group Contacts. (If this is already done, skip to Step 11.)
- Select Collapse All.
- You should now see:
- A new Lync group at the bottom of the contact groups list showing the number of contacts imported.
- The status of each Lync contact. You can now call or IM them.