How to use the VOD application in general.
Virtual Office Desktop
- Navigate to URL: https://sso.8x8.com/sso/login
- Enter User name and Password and click Login or hit Enter
- Set your status:
- Click on the icon in the top left corner (round circle)
- Click on Status needed
- Available = ready to accept a call
- Do not Disturb = Do not want to accept a call (Calls will go to voicemail if voicemail is set or just drop if nothing is set)
- Busy = People can see you’re busy – This status will come on automatically if you’re in the middle of a call.
- Away = Shows you’re away from the phone.
- Invisible = Other people in the status will not see your online.
- You can chat with other members of your company through the chat box – Use the search box to find members to chat with or start chat with the following icon:
- You can Make calls from the phone tab and clicking the following icon:
- Dial with the dial pad and then press the green button:
- To Set up a meeting go to the meetings tab:
- Host meeting – Host your own meeting – can do it as “Join now” or schedule one if integrated with a calendar.
- Join meeting, enter the Virtual office meeting ID and click join meeting. To add audio click the add audio button at the bottom of the screen. There is also a screen share button there to share screen.
- When receiving a call, a pop up box will appear asking if you want to answer or reject. – Click answer to answer the call.
If you struggle to have audio, please make sure the headset is connected to your computer and check the settings in Virtual Office Desktop.
- Click on the phone in a screen icon in the top right corner of the blue box to select which option to use for audio.
- Select from the list:
- Computer = headset plugged into computer
- Mobile = using the mobile application on your phone to make/receive calls
- Home (or any other name given) forwards calls to another phone to make/receive calls – calls still go through VO for this -ie Call comes in to Virtual office, Virtual office connects to the other phone and then connects the calls.
- Click the three dots to get more settings
- Call recordings gives access to calls recorded (if recording is enabled.)
- Settings gives forwarding rules, notifications and other settings