Outbound fax attempts using Virtual Office Desktop or Online fail. After two to three minutes, the following error is received: Internal Conversion Error.
- Virtual Office Desktop
- Virtual Office Online
- Internet fax
Ensure Compatible Attachment
8x8 Internet fax Supported File Types
- .pdf (recommended)
Clear the Cover Sheet
- In the New Fax window, in the parentheses after Include Cover Sheet, click Edit.
- In the Fax Cover Sheet Editor, at the bottom of the window, click Revert to Default Template.
- Click Save.
- In the Coversheet Save Options window, click Yes, save to global fax template.
- Try sending another fax, ensuring
- Any included cover image is valid, with a maximum size of 100 KB.
- All text fields (including the cover Title and Global Footer areas) contain only plain text.
Correct PDF Digital Signature
If you are familiar with working with digital signatures, a simple workaround is to remove the digital signature(s) and instead insert a signature image in the PDF on the appropriate line(s). Otherwise, proceed below for a detailed fix. This fix assumes a Windows environment. Click to download Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
- From the menu, select Edit > Preferences.
- From the left-hand menu, click Signatures.
- Under Identities & Trusted Certificates, click More. The Digital ID and Trusted Certificate Settings pop-up will open.
- Click Add ID.
- Select A new digital ID I want to create now, then click Next.
- Select Windows Certificate Store, then click Next.
- Enter your identity information, then click Finish.
- Close the Digital ID and Trusted Certificate Settings window.
- In the Preferences window, click OK.
- Save PDF file to apply changes.
- Add the attachment to your fax and send.
Note: It may take some extra time to prepare and send the fax, especially if the attachment is large.
One or more of the following is likely to be the case:
- The attached file is not in a supported format. PDF is often the most reliable, so it is suggested that document attachments be converted to PDF before attempting fax. See supported attachment file types below.
- The outbound fax cover sheet may have some incompatible material added (oversized images, HTML code, etc.), which the system is unable to handle and send.
- The PDF file attachment may contain a digital signature that may not have a trusted valid certification, which can also create the issue.
Please note that 8x8 Virtual Office faxing also has the current limitations:
- Total fax size sent cannot be greater than 19 MB.
- Maximum of 5 files per fax.
- Maximum page count of fax attachment in fax email notification is 20 pages.
- internet fax notification with attachments are only available with faxes up to 20 pages (inbound only).
- Any fax exceeding 20 pages can still be downloaded from Virtual Office Desktop or Online.
- Must use 11 digits (1 + 10-digit phone number) for sending outbound fax. Not doing so may result in a Number is Incomplete error.