Virtual Office Desktop crashes on Windows platform.
- Virtual Office Desktop
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10
Re-install the Virtual Office Desktop app.
Also, check if you are currently on a Temp Profile or Permanent Profile. Being on a Temp Profile may cause problems.
Check and Update the Following
- Most of the platforms are run by Java, have you managed to install Java? Download Java.
- If you haven't installed Adobe Flash, you will need to install it due to some of the features require Adobe Flash. It is as important as Java. Download Adobe Flash
- Since .NET Framework is used at the background with Windows Service Pack and it's very important to have it updated, this can cause issues as Waiting for Application Response. Download .NET
- You will also need to keep your VOD app updated. If your Virtual Office Desktop app is not updated, you will need to update it for the latest services. Download VOD.
Once the applications are all installed, restart your PC. This should now resolve the issue with VOD crashing.